Unveiling the Miracle of Who Your Are

This blog is designed to share the emerging thoughts of a living being, mainly me. Being the creative and intuitive person I am, I am always thinking, pondering, and concluding. This blog is designed to share my conclusions and to invite your response.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Redefining Success: Old Enough to Know What I want and young enough to do it

Old Enough To Know What I Want and Young Enough To Do It (REDEFINING SUCCESS: )
(Wednesday, 21 February 2007) Written by Ivory

I continue to get questions from both the young and the experienced about success. The young and the experienced have the same question: How can I be successful? To both my response is two-fold:

1. The first is that success is in the eyes of the beholder. For the young, it changes daily; sometimes momentarily depending on what they see and hear. At this stage, they are very much into peer relationships, discoveries of their own powers, and a perpetual search for who they are. The trial and error of what's good and what's not, is a process that simply must take place since many are fresh away from their parents and what they have been taught to survive childhood.

2. The second is that success is never final. Once the known objective is achieved, another one emerges, however for the experienced person, there is an arsenal of experience to decide what to through away and what to keep. The price of experience is youth. As the youth start to fade, the experience becomes a powerful weapon for sorting out success.

The healthy person approaching later seasons of life is having the time of his/her life. They are clear that somethings do not work. Mostly, they are clear that even if they do work--the option to pass is at hand.

Redefining success for me has meant that I have at my disposal both youth and experience. I truly believe that most of us are about as young as we make up our minds to be. I have seen people who are chronologically young who are physically and mentally middle aged. I have seen middle aged and older who would put many "young" to shame.

As for me, I am old enough to know what I want to do and young enough to do it. More powerful than that is that as I get older, I find that it is not in the "getting" unless that getting is understanding; it is in the being. I am not so much into what I can have as much as what I am and what I am becoming. The more I focus on me and my true purpose in life, the more excited I become about self discovery and the high stakes search for my destiny. It took me years to realize I even had a destiny and a plan for my liife. It is real!

No one can set a standard for that but me and my Maker, an audience of one, and the mounting anticipation of the journey and the destiny of my life. It is true, the best things in life really are free, however, without money, most don't get to experience the euphoria of that. In the end, we must be very clear about success and what it means to personally. Success is truly and INSIDE JOB. I have described that in a very graphic way on the video below. Enjoy.

Click here to gain my views on: REDEFINING SUCCESS
Click here to learn MORE ABOUT IVORY

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sister Dorsey I would just like you to Know that I am very immpressed with your vision and appreciate your acknowledgement of the King of Kings...I would like to welcome you to join my Ministry on Facebook.com/ChristianMinistry. or Linkedin at The true Gospel of Christ. Thank you.

Brother Roderick Fowler.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home